Basic Abdominal Massage Course Description
Taught by Olga Chwa
8 CEs, $200 – Tuesdays, Feb. 6, 13, 20 and 27, 10am-12pm by Zoom
This online, 8-hour CEU class is designed for massage therapists looking to expand their skills and knowledge in the area of abdominal massage. Participants will learn about the anatomy, physiology and needs of the digestive system and abdominal cavity, common conditions that affect this area, and techniques for providing effective therapeutic massage.
The class will cover a range of modalities, including Swedish strokes and Ayurvedic Marma point therapy. Upon completion of the class, participants will have a good understanding of how to assess and treat the abdomen, how to identify and navigate common dysfunctions, and will be equipped with practical skills to incorporate into their massage practice.
Basic Abdominal Massage: What We Cover & How To Register
The Basic Abdominal Massage Course Consists Of 4 Sections:
- Session 1: Anatomy, physiology and kinesiology + introduction to abdominal self-massage
- Session 2: Pathology overview + massage basics to treat the muscles and organs of the lower trunk
- Session 3: Ayurveda basics, Marma points of the abdomen and complimentary points on the feet, ears and face
- Session 4: Abdominal massage benefits: research-literacy and leveraging evidence-based claims
Each section meets for 2 hours totalling 8 hours for the complete course.
NOTE: Students are encouraged to bring a partner/volunteer for hands-on practice during the 2nd hour of sessions 2 and 3. Regardless of partners present, students must keep their cameras on at all times during Zoom classes.
How To Register:
- Registration for Zoom classes must be received 48 hours prior to the start of class. Registration will close after this time.
- Registration for in-person classes that start on Saturday, Sunday or Monday must be received by 4pm Friday. Registration will close after that time.
- If you are not ready to pay, you can still add your name to the interest list. Your space will not be permanently held until payment is made.
- To pay by phone, call 847-864-1130
- To pay online, check the box next to the associated start date below and select the “NEXT STEPS ” button. By prepaying you agree to our registration policies.