Taught by Olga Chwa, LMT via Zoom
Course Fee: $200
This online, 8-hour CEU class is designed for massage therapists looking to expand their skills and knowledge in the area of jaw massage. Participants will learn about the anatomy, function and kinesiology of the jaw, common conditions that affect the jaw, and techniques for providing effective jaw massage. The class will cover a range of modalities, including Swedish strokes, Neuromuscular Therapy and Ayurvedic Marma point therapy. Upon completion of the class, participants will have a good understanding of how to assess and treat jaw pain and dysfunction, and will be equipped with practical skills to incorporate into their massage practice.
Session 1: Anatomy, kinesiology & pathology overview
Session 2 Basics of treating the muscles of mastication
Session 3: Marma points of the face with focus on the Jaw
Session 4: Stretches & exercises + introduction to intra-oral massage
How To Register:
- Registration for Zoom classes must be received 48 hours prior to the start of class. Registration will close after this time.
- Registration for in-person classes that start on Saturday, Sunday or Monday must be received by 4pm Friday. Registration will close after that time.
- If you are not ready to pay, you can still add your name to the interest list. Your space will not be permanently held until payment is made.
- To pay by phone, call 847-864-1130
- To pay online, check the box next to the associated start date below and select the “NEXT STEPS ” button. By prepaying you agree to our registration policies.