Dying a Good Death
6 CEs, $150
Taught by Polly Liontis
What can we offer our dying patient and their loved ones?
Physical comfort through the application of gentle holding of Acupressure Points to induce deep rest and calm.
Mental comfort through leading them through meditations for releasing and relaxing.
Psychological comfort through profound listening and the skillful inquiry of meaningful questions to help them verbalize their experience.
In this class, we will take deep inquiry into our own feelings about death, have practice time for role playing in inquiry, application of calming Acupressure Points, leading meditations, and reviewing multiple resources you can use in your own clinical practice.
The following reading is strongly recommended to get the most from the class:
- A Year to Live – Stephen Levine
- Being Mortal – Atul Gwande
- Final Gifts – Maggie Callanan & Patricia Kelley
Recommended Additional Reading:
- Who dies? – Stephen Levine
- Into the Magic Shop – Dr. James Doty
How To Register
How To Register:
- Registration for Zoom classes must be received 48 hours prior to the start of class. Registration will close after this time.
- Registration for in-person classes that start on Saturday, Sunday or Monday must be received by 4pm Friday. Registration will close after that time.
- If you are not ready to pay, you can still add your name to the interest list. Your space will not be permanently held until payment is made.
- To pay by phone, call 847-864-1130
- To pay online, check the box next to the associated start date below and select the “NEXT STEPS ” button. By prepaying you agree to our registration policies.