Ethics: Holding Spaces For
Ethics: Holding Spaces For Queer Clients
3 CE hours (Includes 1 hour Sexual Harassment Prevention)
Taught by Dana Christy
This class offers tools for working in an ethical and informed way with the LGBTQIAP2S population. We will cover a range of topics, from understanding pronouns and chosen names, to holding space for identity-based trauma and resilience, to supporting individuals through medical transition.
Our fundamental goal is to affirm clients as their most authentic selves, and to hold space for queer clients to feel a sense of agency and safety. Exploring the nuances of caring for individuals across the constellation of queerness will help us work with this community in a more ethical, accessible way.
Course Fees: $75.00 (3 CEs)
Includes 1 Hour Sexual Harassment Prevention
How To Register
How To Register:
- Registration for Zoom classes must be received 48 hours prior to the start of class. Registration will close after this time.
- Registration for in-person classes that start on Saturday, Sunday or Monday must be received by 4pm Friday. Registration will close after that time.
- If you are not ready to pay, you can still add your name to the interest list. Your space will not be permanently held until payment is made.
- To pay by phone, call 847-864-1130
- To pay online, check the box next to the associated start date below and select the “NEXT STEPS ” button. By prepaying you agree to our registration policies.