Manual Lymph Drainage
Taught by Madge Lockwood
42 CE Hours – $995 (space can be held with a $400 deposit)
This 6-day course introduces the basic sequences of manual lymph drainage based on the techniques developed by Dr. Emil Vodder. MLD is a gentle manual therapy that increases lymphatic flow and drainage through the body’s lymphatic system. MLD is very effective for reducing swelling from surgery, injuries or poor circulation, can help relieve symptoms of tension and migraine headaches, Rheumatoid Arthritis, fibromyalgia, Lyme disease, sinusitis, and more. MLD is also detoxifying and has a wonderful side effect of inducing a deeply relaxed state.
Instruction on anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system will be provided as well as indications and contraindication of MLD. Basic MLD strokes and sequences for the whole body will be introduced and practiced. This course focuses on applying MLD for people with healthy lymphatic systems and also introduces treatment progressions for people with stage 1 lymphedema or lymphatic systems damaged by radiation or lymph node removal from cancer treatment.
Manual Lymph Drainage Requirements and How To Register
The class will conclude with a basic written and practical exam, drawn from material discussed in class. Upon successful completion, students are Certified Manual Lymph Drainage Therapists.
This class is open to professionals with the following licenses: LMT, PT, PTA, OT, COTA, RN, DC, MD.
Space may be held with a $400 deposit. Total tuition is $995.
How To Register:
- Registration for Zoom classes must be received 48 hours prior to the start of class. Registration will close after this time.
- Registration for in-person classes that start on Saturday, Sunday or Monday must be received by 4pm Friday. Registration will close after that time.
- If you are not ready to pay, you can still add your name to the interest list. Your space will not be permanently held until payment is made.
- To pay by phone, call 847-864-1130
- To pay online, check the box next to the associated start date below and select the “NEXT STEPS ” button. By prepaying you agree to our registration policies.