Nurturing the Mother: Pregnancy and Postpartum Massage
Taught by Claire Marie Miller
24 CE hours, $475 by March 22, $495 after
Nurturing the Mother® has certified 1000s of massage therapists in pregnancy and postpartum massage since 1990. This method utilizes a comfortable, secure side-lying position to avoid undue pressure on a growing abdomen and the lower back. Mothers are completely supported by pillows, keeping hip, knee and ankle on the same level to avoid pulling on the sacroiliac joint and to maximize blood and lymph circulation. Side-lying is the safest for mother and baby, and educates the client about the ideal sleeping position.
Nurturing The Mother: What We Cover & How To Register
This Nurturing the Mother® protocol uses a combination of the following methods:
- Calming Swedish massage strokes for deep muscle relaxation, tension release and increased circulation.
- Gentle range-of-motion and stretching movements to relieve pressure through neck, shoulders, rib cage, lower back and hips, and to promote greater strength, flexibility and balance
- Deep tissue work in the hip and gluteal area to help alleviate chronic lower back and hip pain.
- Abdominal massage for round ligament pain, to support digestion, increase circulation to the placenta and baby and to increase awareness of the baby. The baby will feel and benefit from the massage.
- Lymph drainage strokes to reduce pregnancy induced edema.
- Cranial-sacral and polarity therapy for physical/psychological/emotional/spiritual centering.
- Acupressure and reflexology techniques shown to be effective in treating many common pregnancy related complaints
How To Register:
- Registration for Zoom classes must be received 48 hours prior to the start of class. Registration will close after this time.
- Registration for in-person classes that start on Saturday, Sunday or Monday must be received by 4pm Friday. Registration will close after that time.
- If you are not ready to pay, you can still add your name to the interest list. Your space will not be permanently held until payment is made.
- To pay by phone, call 847-864-1130
- To pay online, check the box next to the associated start date below and select the “NEXT STEPS ” button. By prepaying you agree to our registration policies.