Self-Care for Bodyworkers:
Self-Care for Bodyworkers: Body Mechanics
6 CE hours, $150
Taught by Dana Christy
As bodyworkers, our bodies are our most essential vessel for transmission and transformation. If we hope to have longevity in our practice, we must practice not only remedial but also preventative care for our precious instruments.
This class is specifically geared towards the kinds of work-related stressors our bodies experience. We will stock our toolbelts with different postures and practices for managing work-related tension and strain. We will explore ways that mindful body mechanics can support ease in our work – and how, in turn, this ease fosters more effective treatment for our clients. We will also work with yoga-adjacent postures that we can actually do for ourselves in the context of a session, that can be used on both the floor and the table. All bodies and abilities are welcome.
How To Register
How To Register:
- Registration for Zoom classes must be received 48 hours prior to the start of class. Registration will close after this time.
- Registration for in-person classes that start on Saturday, Sunday or Monday must be received by 4pm Friday. Registration will close after that time.
- If you are not ready to pay, you can still add your name to the interest list. Your space will not be permanently held until payment is made.
- To pay by phone, call 847-864-1130
- To pay online, check the box next to the associated start date below and select the “NEXT STEPS ” button. By prepaying you agree to our registration policies.